How Can I Make a Walk-In Shower More Senior Friendly?
Are you looking to age in place and want to make your walk-in shower more senior friendly? Or perhaps you are already of an older age and want to update your bathroom so it matches your current safety wants and needs. Regardless of the situation, having a walk-in shower that is properly equipped with appropriate safety features is critical.
Ways to Make Your Shower Senior Friendly
Here is a list of ways to make your walk-in shower senior friendly:
- Slip-resistant floors, as they will help you maintain your footing when navigating the shower enclosure
- Grab bars strategically installed throughout the shower enclosure because they can greatly assist with stability
- A threshold that is just 2 to 4 inches high, eliminating the hazard of tripping over a high tub wall
- An adjustable shower chair or a teak fold-down seat, so you can sit in the shower at moments when you feel you need to rest and regain your balance
- Storage accessories, such as shelving, so you can keep everything organized and avoid the possibility of tripping over your bathing paraphernalia, such as soaps, shampoos, and conditioners
Contact a Company That Can Help
To learn more about the walk-in showers we install for seniors, contact Safe Showers at 210-655-1111. We look forward to answering any questions you may have. And when you give us a call, our team will go over our current promotions, financing options, and the additional discounts we offer to seniors and veterans.