Homeowners who are looking to age in place want to ensure that their residence is properly equipped with necessary safety measures. When doing so, one space that should not be overlooked is the bathroom. If your bathroom has an old and cumbersome tub, now may be the time to consider converting it to a shower.
With a tub-to-shower conversion, you can swap your old tub with a functional and accessible shower. Additionally, showers can be equipped with safety features, making them senior-friendly.
Ways to Make Your Shower Senior Friendly
A high tub wall is risky, especially for seniors. This is because stepping over the wall and into the wet tub basin may lead to a slip and fall. No one should have to contend with this possibility. Therefore, a tub-to-shower conversion is a smart choice for seniors.
With a tub-to-shower conversion, you can expect your new shower to have:
- Slip-resistant floors, as they will help with balance when navigating the shower enclosure
- Grab bars strategically installed throughout the shower enclosure as they can assist with stability
- A threshold that is just 2 to 4 inches high, eliminating the hazard of tripping over a high tub wall
- An adjustable shower or a comfortable teak fold-down seat, so you can sit in the shower during moments where you feel you need to take a break from standing
- Storage accessories, such as shelving, so you can keep your soaps, shampoos, and conditioners organized and off of the shower floor
Contact The Professionals at Safe Showers
To learn more about the tub-to-shower conversions we complete for seniors, contact Safe Showers at 210-655-1111.
Our skilled and experienced team has the know-how needed to outfit your bathroom with a shower that is equipped with safety features that will assist with mobility and balance. Once your tub-to-shower conversion is complete, you’ll have complete peace of mind when bathing.
We look forward to answering any questions you may have. And when you give us a call, our team will go over our current promotions, financing options, and the additional discounts we offer to seniors and veterans.